Open PhD positions
We have an opening for two PhD positions with a full scholarship ($AU 33,200 per annum (tax-free) + tuition fees offset (waiver)) in the Satellite Positioning and Navigation Group (GNSS-SPAN), Curtin University, Perth, Australia.
The research topic is LEO-PNT (positioning and navigation using Low Earth Orbit satellite observations).
Candidates should have a good background in GNSS, its data processing and analysis, and estimation theory with good mathematical and programming skills and be able to satisfy the English language requirements (e.g. 6.5 IELTS academic). Knowledge of LEO systems is desirable but not a must.
If you are interested, please contact the project leader at:
General requirements for the PhD positions
- See https://study.curtin.edu.au/higher-degree-by-research/ for the rules for entry eligibility criteria
- Ability to work independently and to tight deadlines and timeframes
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- A commitment to maintain a high standard of professional work
Salary and benefits:
Accepted PhD candidates receive a shift in fees (will not pay for enrollment) and a scholarship based on the Research Training Program (RTP) law, with the opportunity to earn extra by part-time tutoring.
Applicants can discuss their potential projects with Professor Ahmed El-Mowafy (firstname.lastname@example.org)